Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This message board is designed for current, former and prospective students of Didactic Programs in Dietetics as well as current, former and prospective Dietetic Internship students.

2 posters

Activities section of DICAS?

dartarro21

Activities section of DICAS? Empty Activities section of DICAS?

Post  dartarro21 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Don't know if anyone still uses this forum, but I am finishing up my dicas & have questions on the activities section.

-I have a lot of extracurriculars that overlap with leadership and volunteer work. Is it better to list them all in volunteer section?

-Should I list professional memberships somewhere?

-Where should I put shadow experiences with multiple dietitians (volunteer? extracurricular? There's only room for one supervisor in any section)

-Would being a class representative be volunteer or extracurricular?

-Can I list a scholarship in the awards section?

Also, I am not sure of punctuation. Should I capitalize all words in the title description? In the activity description?

Thank you!
    Admin
    Admin

Activities section of DICAS? Empty Re: Activities section of DICAS?

Post  Admin Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I can only speak for myself but I added every single thing, whether it overlapped or not. I also listed my professional memberships (but can't remember where Sad Also, I added most of my experiences i.e. "shadowing a dietitian" to my resume and work history. Yes being a class representative is an extracurricular activity. I didn't have any scholarships to list in the awards section, but I did put that I was a Dean's list student. (so i am not sure about that one.) I am also not sure if you should capitalize all words in the title description, in the activity description.

Hope this helps, what I'll do is, I'll try to remember my DICAS login info and take a look at my old application if its still available.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 pm